Sweet surprises....

This was our third Christmas to spend with the girls.....the best by far! The first Christmas was 2008 when we 'hosted' the girls for three weeks. This year we laughed at how silly we all acted. The girls made fun of how we showed them around the house! This year the girls received gifts from Santa that they really really wanted. Both Santa's got huge hugs!!! The hugs were the best gift ever.

Because of our work schedule, we were not able to be home during the day the first week of their winter break. Everyday we would come home to surprises! They cleaned the house top to bottom, practically decorated the entire house for Christmas and did it all with pride and smiles! They were very concerned about getting gifts for each member of the family...wanted to make sure it was just the right gift!! I told them a clean house without being told to do it was the best gift they could give. It was so sweet to watch them show our friends and family all the rooms in the house that they cleaned and decorated. Of course, Mark and I bragged on our sweet girls to everyone. I overheard Chrissy say they are making Anthony and her look like schmucks!

My birthday is the 29th of December. The girls waited till our company was gone, cake was eaten and all was quiet to give me my gift from them. They bought me a necklace with a heart that says 'mom'. Anya read to me the card that the necklace came on...'Mother....in my heart I remember every hug you gave me'. Ok .....yes I cried. This is the first time they openly referred to me as mom!! And then there were more hugs!!!

What a great ending to a wonderful year and a beautiful start to the new year!

No comments: