Monday we got up late and just lazed around the flat. We get dressed and go for a bite to eat. We do some window shopping and walking around. We call Sue and Rebecca and go to their flat for a visit. We meet The Garvers from Alabama. They are here to adopt as well but just at the beginning stage. They are very nice and I have a nice chat with Terri! The kids are running all over silly as ever!!

We all walk over to TGI Friday's for dinner with everyone. It was a nice evening.

Tuesday is more of lazing around. We get dressed and head out. The girls were reluctant about going out but we encouraged them. We walk to the rainbow arch. I am sure it has a name but I dont know what it is. It over looks the river and the view is amazing. They have bumper cars there. We all hop on and Tanya gets so angry at Mark becaused he bumped her. She stops her car and refuses to go. Then she gives him a gesture! We get off and she is super angry. I told her she will apologize or we go home with no TV. All I can understand is "Zhenia" from both of them. When one gets angry they both get angry! I hand the phone to the both of them and told them they are welcome to call Zhenia if they want to. They both turn away and got quiet. I am so confused! I will be glad when we can communicate. Again I tell Tanya to say I'm sorry to Mark and I get no response. I know she understands what I am saying. Mark and I tell them we will go to the flat with no TV. They walk ahead of us all the way home. We get home and we are very hot. We all go into the kitchen and get a drink. The girls just stay in the kitchen. Zhenia had called us on the way back and said he would be over in 30 minutes. I tell the girls he will be over. Mark and I sit in the living room quietly. Mark starts pacing and said he is going in the kitchen to talk to Tanya. I stay in the living room. He comes back into the living room and tells me she said in English "I'm sorry"! ANNNNNDDDD gives him a hug! Wooo HOOOO!! "Houston, we have made contact!"

Zhenia comes over just to check on us. We have had problems with the A/C. Still doesn't work.
He stays for about 15 minutes.

We clean the flat a bit and prepare for the other two families to join us for a pancake feast. Mark makes the best pancakes so they brought fruit and jam to go along with them. We all watched iRobot.

After they all went home we go out for a walk to find a phone card for our phone. We ended up going on a nice long walk. The evenings are very cool and a nice break from the hot days. On our walk we meet a family from Washington DC who lives here in Kiev. They talked to us for quite a while. They told us of a few places the kids might enjoy doing. We will check with the other families tomorrow to see if they want to join us. Our walk was a good ending to a stressful day.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Hey Phyllis,
Sounds like you are almost home? When does it look like you will be leaving? I been thinking about all of you so much. E-mail me and let me know if you get the chance.
Thanks,
Jana