1st Day as Momma and Pappa!

Couldn't wait to get to the camp today to see my precious girls! We stopped at the market and bought enough food for an army and then some. Each family bought 'care' packages for their kiddos. The Boycott's had a detailed list! I asked Tanya what she would like me to bring her the night before and she said 'I just want you to bring what you think I would like, I want to see what you bring!' I guess that was my first test at being mom to her! LOL! I know that she likes these stinky dried anchovies and calamari so I got several packs of those for her. Plus lots of other goodies! I passed the test! She was happy with her goodies!

After the market we picked up all the kids. Tanya called twice wondering where we were!! Artuem Thomas had a friend and the girls had three friends come along. Sasha, our bus driver, brought his little girl along as well. We went by the river and had a wonderful picnic and a swim in the river. I unfortunately did not bring a swim suit but wore light clothing. Sue had all the girls pull me into the water!! It was crazy fun just playing and being together. The older girls, Anya and Alina teased me about my Russian. I like it!!! Makes me feel at home!! Also makes me miss all my Shady Oak Youth!!

Tanya got bored and decided to head back to camp on her own! We were a good 3 miles or more from the camp! So Mark took after her and behind him was Veronica. Once they caught up with her they all sat in the field for a bit to talk. Veronica translated that Tanya said she is not used to having parents to tell her not to go. She was used to just going when she was ready. It's good that she understands. On the way back I caught Tanya looking at me and I winked at her and she smiled. We recieved lots of hugs when we dropped them off at the camp.

It's amazing now that the stress of court is behind us and the girls have 'committed', we seem to really be enjoying each other. Subtle hints, the way they interacted with us throughout the day, showed us they are ready for home.

Tonight we are packing and getting ready for our mini trip to the Black Sea in Crimea. Oh how I wish the girls could go with us. Not sure if we will have internet service while we are there...if not...we will blog when we return!!

Until then....oh....have I told you lately how grateful we are to have such wonderful people in our lives that have supported our decision to adopt our sweet girls! Thank you, a thousand times, for your prayers, support and love!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! PTL!!! So happy for my "goober" friends and now their 2 new "little goober" kids! We love y'all so much and are ready for all of you to come home!!!
Love,
Jon & Headder Jo

Hall family said...

loving reading your blog and feeling like we are right there with you all! Love you...

DDK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DDK said...

That says happy, by the way! ha ha!
Love ya! Alonna

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for you and with you. Our crazy and sweet Phyllis :) and sweet Mark. :) (See? Phyllis is not the only one who likes the word 'sweet.' haha :) Really, thanks for all the details in the blogs. I really like learning about your girls, and love seeing their beautiful pictures!! I can see why you are 'in love.' :) God bless your transition home. God bless your lives as you continue to share your lives with others. Love you, Joy

Allison said...

I am so glad to read about all the adventures! Can't wait for you guys to be home!

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip is great! You all are so blessed to have found each other...We cannot wait to have our friends home to share the excitment! see you soon!! luv ya Karen